Cloud 9 is now hiring! Join our team. We have an immediate opening for a System Administrator – Managed Services. Read more below, or visit the Indeed job posting to apply.
System Administrator – Managed Services
• Participates as technical expert in design, development, configuration, testing and debugging of new or upgraded hardware and software
• Strong knowledge and skills related to:
o The Windows desktop for end-users and associated applications (Office, Outlook, etc.)
o Windows servers (Domains, Exchange, Active Directory, etc.)
o Linux server environment
o TCP/IP networks and related functions (routing, switches, firewalls, VPNs)
• Experience maintaining servers in a virtualized environment (VMWare, AWS)
• Monitors security compliance and is responsible for data integrity and migration plans
• Adheres to policies, best practices, and workflow documents and provides the IT management team with recommendations for process improvements
• Experience working in custom reporting systems
• Assists in developing IT policies and standards, hardware standards and disaster recovery planning and documentation for server environment
• Automation scripts to automate operations
• Plans, installs and tests servers, personal computer and laptop operating systems, hardware, and related peripherals.
• Installs new network equipment and troubleshoots existing network equipment.
• Assists in computer network administration including such items as establishing and maintaining network addresses, disk allocation, and backup procedures.
• Maintains documentation of computer configurations, software licensing and hardware status
• Minimum 3 years of relevant technical experience in similar environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
• Experience analyzing business or technical problems and proposing and implementing solutions