Despite the seemingly ubiquitous presence of the cloud, many organizations are still in a transitional stage when it comes to cloud adoption, according to a recent survey from Unisys. The accompanying report, titled “Trends in Hybrid Cloud Computing,” indicates that most companies are planning for a private or public cloud migration (with most favoring the private cloud). As a result, they want to replace end-of-life technology while reducing costs and increasing capacity on demand. However, most organizations are still keeping mission-critical apps and storage tools on-premise, with many citing security in the cloud as a leading concern. “Far-sighted (executives) have a clear view of the competitive, operational and economic benefits of cloud computing, and are taking energetic action to realize them for their organizations,” said Steve Nunn, vice president of cloud and infrastructure services for Unisys. “At the same time, those decision-makers are clear-eyed about the need to secure both existing IT and new cloud resources in order to protect vital business assets.” More than 200 IT and business execs took part in the research, which was conducted by Gatepoint Research – See more at: http://bit.ly/2bgAzKg
Cloud 9 is now hiring! Join our team. We have an immediate opening for a Dynamics Nav Functional Consultant. Read more below, or visit the Indeed job posting to apply.
NAV Functional Consultant
A great opportunity for an experienced NAV Functional Consultant. This position is based in the Chicagoland area. This is a contract position and remote work options provided for the right candidate.
• Provides on-going support for project
• Works closely with Developers, Navision Business Analyst, and Project Manager
• Creates functional specifications for Navision applications Assessing company needs for full data migration and provide support at all levels
• Helps with the upgrade
• Analyzes the needs of the business and strengthen the existing MS Dynamics NAV / Navision system
• Experience with core business processes around Financials, Manufacturing, Distribution
• Experience with integration tools and 3rd party add on modules a plus
• Prior experience developing functional and technical specifications for Microsoft Dynamics NAV enhancements and integrations
• 5+ years of experience in running implementations of Dynamics NAV / Navision to perform consulting services for clients
• 4 year degree in business or accounting; CPA a plus
• Experience with NAV 2009 Role Tailor Client/NAV 2013
Cloud 9 is now hiring! Join our team. We have an immediate opening for a System Administrator – Managed Services. Read more below, or visit the Indeed job posting to apply.
System Administrator – Managed Services
• Participates as technical expert in design, development, configuration, testing and debugging of new or upgraded hardware and software
• Strong knowledge and skills related to:
o The Windows desktop for end-users and associated applications (Office, Outlook, etc.)
o Windows servers (Domains, Exchange, Active Directory, etc.)
o Linux server environment
o TCP/IP networks and related functions (routing, switches, firewalls, VPNs)
• Experience maintaining servers in a virtualized environment (VMWare, AWS)
• Monitors security compliance and is responsible for data integrity and migration plans
• Adheres to policies, best practices, and workflow documents and provides the IT management team with recommendations for process improvements
• Experience working in custom reporting systems
• Assists in developing IT policies and standards, hardware standards and disaster recovery planning and documentation for server environment
• Automation scripts to automate operations
• Plans, installs and tests servers, personal computer and laptop operating systems, hardware, and related peripherals.
• Installs new network equipment and troubleshoots existing network equipment.
• Assists in computer network administration including such items as establishing and maintaining network addresses, disk allocation, and backup procedures.
• Maintains documentation of computer configurations, software licensing and hardware status
• Minimum 3 years of relevant technical experience in similar environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
• Experience analyzing business or technical problems and proposing and implementing solutions